Valentine’s Day can also cause a lot of distress in romantic relationships as well! For example, if your partner doesn’t plan a romantic date, or doesn’t buy you flowers or a card, it can be very disappointing. It can make you feel unloved and unappreciated.Yes, it can be a wonderful day for many. It’s a day to express love and connect with your love. It’s one day where couples make an effort to spend time together, talk, and have a special night. You can tell because the restaurant are packed and if you go to your local Walgreens, you can see everyone buying cards, chocolates, and other Valentine gifts.However, what if you are single and don’t have a romantic love? Do you feel sad on this day?Do you feel lonely? I am here to say that Valentine’s Day is not only a day to celebrate romantic love. You can celebrate all kinds of loves today and I know that you at least will have one or two or more from this list. So instead of focusing on the fact that you don’t have that special someone to celebrate with tonight, I am sure you have someone that you do love so choose one or two things from this list to celebrate the day with together!
Here are other kinds of loves you can celebrate today as well:
- Family love: Parents, children, cousins, anyone that is in your family and you love counts here.
- Friend love: Gather your friends who are single too and go out and celebrate your friendship. I know I love my girlfriends and today is a special day to let them know!
- Colleague love: You spend all day with them so they become an important part of your life. Today you can let them know how much they mean to you. Go out to lunch together and celebrate.
- Pet love: Whether you have a dog or cat or any other pet, I know you love them! Show them today!
- And last but definitely not least. This is probably the most important is self-love! Be kind to yourself today. Be gentle and show yourself some love! You can do this by cooking yourself a healthy meal, taking a relaxing bubble bath or reading a good book.What are you going to today to take care of yourself?